First Day in Ghent

I felt super unproductive during these past two weeks. I would just stay un bed scrolling on Instagram and YouTube looking for inspiration or some entertainment. As I know that I will have a big event for work very soon and that makes me super anxious thinking about it. So, I just wanted to procrastinate as much as I could.

And this is me trying to be a little productive by writing something today.

Back to when I was in Belgium, I got super excited about EVERYTHING I saw. Literally. I was fascinated by how beautiful those buildings were constructed differently from where I come from. I almost screamed when the train passed by neighbors with tall and colorful buildings. You could have counted how many times I said "WOW"

I said to my younger self, here you go, I made it here and I wish you like it as you expect. And.., yes, I did, very much.


I didn't do much on my first day in Ghent. Luckily I didn't get jetlag, but I still wanted myself to adjust with the new surroundings, especially the weather. It was pretty cold comparing to Thailand but I started to love it as it was super cozy inside. Little did I know…



Timothy treated me well by making me breakfast. He never eats breakfast at all so when he did that just because of me, I felt a little special :P He knows that I always need my breakfast right after I wake up. Though it was just a food can, I still appreciated it.



Then we spent the whole day in his apartment because I wanted to catch up with some TV shows. Then we decided to go out for a movie date and get dinner. I always wanted to see how different the theater experience would be in Belgium. Turned out it was pretty much the same lol just that they did not have English subtitle. Though I understand English, when it comes to movies, I need subtitles in case I miss any detail. And here, they only had Dutch subtitles. Oh, I wish I knew Dutch too!



I loved how convenient it was that you could walk 20 minutes from my boyfriend's place to the theater. I also enjoyed exploring the neighborhood. We walked past the park, the river, and some cool buildings. I loved it!


After that, we went to have burgers for dinner. It was funny because I took my boyfriend's plate for half of it lol. He ordered a burger with blue cheese, and I had no clue how it tasted like. I thought it was my order because the waiter put it there for me. When I asked him how was his burger and how blue cheeses tasted, he was like, it was good but I felt no cheese in it. So I offered him to taste my, and that he realized it was his. LOL I'm sorry baby!

When we were about to leave, it started to get really windy with a bit of raindrop. Both of my sweater and jacket were SUPER thin, it could barely keep me warm. I mean… I'm from a warm country. Warmer clothes are not my thing! I remember myself walking all the way back shaking. And whenever the wind blew, I froze. Sometimes, I had to hide behind Timothy's back as a windbreaker.

I could definitely take the cold, but not the wind!

Comments

Popular Posts