The Longest Flight



After spending a week on a work trip, I finally have some times to write again!

As mentioned in the last post, I was traveling in Europe for 2 weeks. It was the first time that I traveled out of the country that far! My first international trip was in Taiwan with two friends of mine back in 2017. The flight was definitely shorter than flying to Europe.

But this time, I traveled all by myself, ALONE. I was surprised that I didn't freak out at that time. Probably because I was super busy with my several work trips before going to Europe, and that I knew I would be seeing my boyfriend there very soon :)

I flew with Emirates. My first experience turned out pretty nice so far as for my longest international flight. My destination was Brussels. I took a plane on 18 May from Bangkok to Dubai which took about 6 hour-ish I can't remember so well (I'm so good with blogging, ain't I). My only concern back then was the connecting flight which would take off in 1.20 hours after I landed. I have heard that the airport there was huge that you may need to take a shuttle train to some terminals. Luckily, I managed to make it on time and still got my boyfriend a gift before boarding.

After taking my second flight heading to Brussels, I just realized that my seat got upgraded on my first flight. I got the window seat with my own cabin next to me. And that being said, I had more space for my seat! I also enjoyed watching 3 new movies they had to offer. It's been so long since I was in the cinema.


The meal they served on my first flight. Nothing so special and I don't why I took a photo of it lol

My seat on the flight to Brussels was just the economy one (that I actually booked). There were not as many people as the first flight but still, I didn't get the whole row for myself as I was hoping. I was pretty tired at that time because it was probably late in Thailand already. However, I couldn't manage to sleep as it was still too crowded. I think I only passed out for an hour and that was all.

After landed safely in Brussels, I got off, walked through the hallway to the immigration, and to get my luggage. The airport was kinda small in my opinion but very convenient, and not to mention they had a great WiFi connection too! I texted my boyfriend while waiting for my luggage, and for about 15 minutes I was ready to see him at the exit gate :) I was so happy, and a little tired at the same time, but still happy... Haha!

We have known each other for three years already, though we called it "official" only for a year and a half. It was always him coming to visit me in Thailand once a year. And it was about the right time I came to visit him too. I was so overwhelmed (in a good way!) that I finally made it to Belgium, to be standing next to him, in his homeland. It is so crazy we have been doing the long-distance relationship this far. But every time I see him, in person, everything was worth it.

We took a train to some station in Brussels, then hopped on to another train. Our destination was Dampoort in Ghent, but somehow the train didn't stop there. Instead, it made its way straight to Antwerp. My boyfriend said he used to take this train every day for work and was certain it should have stopped at Dampoort. We found out later that there was some construction going on that day so the train didn't stop. WOW. It was only the first day in Belgium and I already knew that it was gonna be the most memorable trip EVER!

It took us another one hour to arrive in Antwerp. Then we needed to take a train for an hour back to Ghent, and a shuttle bus to the nearest stop to his apartment. Did I say that was all? NOPE. We also needed to walk for at least 15 minutes from the bus stop to his place. I was super exhausted already as I didn't sleep much during my flights. I would have been really really upset about it but I was too tired to care. All I knew was that I needed to sleep as soon as possible. We should have only taken an hour and a half to be at his apartment. Instead, it doubled up to around 3 hours or something.


And that was me, passed out during the bus ride to Ghent. Completely knocked down. Belgium surely treated me well!

Getting me a personal bell boy a.k.a. my boyfriend lol (Thank you, baby!)

But finally, we made it to his place. It was a small studio apartment but very cozy. As a man, he didn't have much of decoration but everything was nice. He cooked me for a late-night meal and got me a huge watermelon that lasted us for a week. NO KIDDING! 

He also gave me a small piece of cake and a French birthday card as my belated birthday gift. I adored these little things he did for me.

I surely have the sweetest boyfriend ever. And I cannot wait to explore the world with him.

Comments

Popular Posts